Winter is here, and with the cold weather comes the need for a hot meal. What's better than a homey, comforting infused soup to warm your insides and elevate your mind? Most soups are easy to infuse, and just as easy to double, so you can make a lot and freeze some for another day.
The vegetables in this peasant soup are sautéed in canna-butter. One teaspoon of canna-butter per person is a good place to start when figuring out your comfortable dose. In my house, a teaspoon of canna-butter has a 5-10 milligram serving of THC.
- 6 teaspoons (28 grams) of canna-butter
- 2 cans (15 ounces, or 425 grams, each) cannellini or other white beans, divided
- 2 tablespoons (28 grams) butter or oil
- 1 ¼ cups (263 grams) chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons (48 grams) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons (32 milliliters) balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons (1-2 grams) dried basil
- 1 can (28 ounces, or 794 grams) diced tomatoes, undrained
- About 1 pound (454 grams) broccoli rabe, washed and cut crosswise 1 inch (2 1/2 centimeters) thick
- 4 cups chicken (1 liter) or vegetable (884 milliliters) broth
- Salt and pepper
- 6 thick slices rustic whole-wheat bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons melted canna-butter or canna-oil, for brushing
- ½ cup (40 grams) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Medium bowl for mixing
- Large saucepan
- Bowls for serving
- Ladle for serving
- Fork for mashing
- Basting or pastry brush
- Rinse and drain 1 can of beams, then mash in a medium bowl.
- Melt the canna-butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, vinegar, garlic, and basil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Rinse and drain the second can of beans. Add the mashed beans, remaining can of beans, tomatoes with their juices, broccoli rabe, and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until the broccoli rabe is tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the toasted bread on your work surface. Brush each piece of bread with a teaspoon of canna-infused oil or butter.
- To serve, place a slice of cannabis infused bread in the bottom of each bowl. Ladle the soup over the toast. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.